Thursday, February 19, 2015

He say he is fit and not ill





The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Maj. General Muhammadu Buhari, has denied claims that he is terminally ill and has been flown abroad for treatment.

He said the reports of his ailment is baseless and untrue and are shows of desperation from the PDP members. Continues below



“There were reports that I was to jet out for medical check-up yesterday (Saturday) but here I am. I was in Nassarawa and Benue states yesterday (Saturday) and on Monday, I will be in two states.

“On Tuesday, I will be in two more states. I sincerely don’t know how they got the impression that I was sick. I had a cold but it did not stop me from going through my schedule.

“How old are you, 50 years?” He asked a reporter. “I can tell you that if we go to the field, you will not stay as long as I would.”

When asked about the PTF investigation, he said, “That one has been cleared. There was no fraud in the PTF. Gen. Obasanjo recently answered that question; he confirmed that there was an investigation and the report was brought to him and there was nothing on the ground as far as my management and chairmanship of the PTF were concerned. The person who did the investigation as President cleared me.”

He was also asked about his educational background and allegations surrounding it.

He said, “I have contested three times under the same rules set by INEC (Independent National Electoral Commission) where there is a basic educational qualification you must have.

“I was allowed to contest all these elections because my certificate was in order and there were individuals that wrote to the United States War College and the college answered them and they were published in the newspapers.

“So, I really don’t understand this desperation or misinformation that is being passed around. They will do nobody any good because our minds are being taken away from the serious issues of corruption and incompetence by the PDP.”

No comments: